Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Aloe Vera Gel for Natural Hair





















Aloe Vera
Gel


If you naturals are anything like me, I am always very curious about the products that I use in my hair. I am especially more curious when a rare treat finds me in the care of a natural hair stylist. My recent visit to Always Ahead Salon was no exception! As my stylist Nena washed, conditioned, and prepared my hair for comb coils I inquired about the products she was using to style it with. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that she was using 100% natural aloe vera gel!! Wow, to think a product I had purchased during my initial months of transition and big chop was being used as the primary product to style my nearly 8 months natural hair!!

Okay yall, I love to ramble, but let me get back on track...lol! The purpose of this post is to provide my readers with some of the information I found about the benefits of aloe vera gel for natural hair!! Please see the link below for the original article written by Amina from Black Hair Planet Magazine. Thanks Amina!!

Several benefits of aloe vera gel that were highlighted:
  • detangles
  • moisturizes
  • activates fresh growth
  • heals and soothes damaged scalp
  • reduces dandruff, itchy scalp
  • balances pH level of hair
  • defines curls

http://www.blackhairplanet.com/blog/aloe-vera-gel-natural-hair/


Remember naturals, "Patience IS Progress!"

Tressfreecre8tions,

The Truth About Hair, Naturally

No comments:

Post a Comment